Aerialink® Landline-to-Mobile allows you to communicate with customers who text to your business landline number. You reply directly from your mobile device’s native messaging application, while Landline-to-Mobile masks your mobile number and uses your business number as the sender.
With Aerialink, you can respond to your customers quickly and efficiently without requiring a third-party texting app on your mobile device. Aerialink Landline-to-Mobile provides an end-to-end messaging solution by interfacing with Aerialink Cloud Communications Platform that supports reliable, global message delivery.
How It Works
To make the mobile texting process as seamless as possible, your Aerialink Landline-to-Mobile account stores a pool of proxy numbers that allows you to have concurrent text conversations with multiple contacts.
But before you can text from your mobile phone, Aerialink first has to text-enable your business number, which can be a toll-free or standard landline number. Next, Aerialink registers your mobile number as the receiving device.
When your customer sends a text message to your business number, Landline-to-Mobile arbitrarily appends a proxy number to that conversation and forwards the message to your mobile device. The message arrives in your device's native messaging application from the assigned proxy number, and your customer's phone number is displayed in the body of the message. When you reply to it, Aerialink uses your business number to send the message back to the customer for a seamless communications cycle.
By keeping a pool of proxy numbers and associating each of them with a unique customer sender number, Landline-to-Mobile can forward texts from multiple customers to a single mobile number. Each proxy number is released back into the pool after a period of inactivity. You can adjust the quantity of proxy phone numbers in your pool to accommodate for all the unique customer numbers that want to text message with your business.
With Landline-to-Mobile, you can also initiate a text conversation with your customer. Any text message sent from your mobile device is assigned a proxy number: it is then forwarded to your business number, and ultimately sent to your customer's mobile device.
- Uses your mobile device's native messaging app to receive and send texts via your business number.
- Allows you to initiate concurrent text conversations with multiple contacts.
- Handles the communications logic to assign proxy numbers that mask your mobile number.
- Provides an end-to-end messaging solution by interfacing with the Aerialink Cloud
- Communications Platform for global delivery.
- Allows you to view and download all of your conversations through the Aerialink Platform Portal.
- Allows you to use your personal mobile phone to communicate with your customers.
- Keeps your personal phone number confidential, while receiving from or sending texts via your business landline number.
- Allows you to use your familiar device's native messaging application; no third-party app download required.
- Provides an additional communications channel for your customers who prefer to text.
- Easily scales with your business as the number of customers who text your business grows.